My Pantry & Shopping Vegan


Shopping vegan can be a breeze on a tight budget, the key is knowing where to shop for what. I encourage making everything from scratch. From my experience it is much less expensive than purchasing the pre-made vegan products. If you're new to veganism or the plant based lifestyle, determine what kind of vegan (dietary wise) you are. It will make your shopping list much easier to write. Check out several of my shopping hauls in this video for a general idea on how I shop on a budget


Straight Laced
No sugar, no oil, low-no sodium, no gluten, no alcohol, no caffeine. The health conscious vegan.










Relaxed Health Conscious: 
Minimum sugar on different occasions, average sodium, gluten (wheat) normal aspect of your diet, minimum alcohol, average consumption of caffeine. You care about your health but you give your diet wiggle room for day to day average consumption rituals.

Junk Food Vegan: 
Plenty of store brought processed vegan food, for example Boca burgers, Gardein mockmeat products, Daiya cheeses (these products aren’t bad at all, but having them in excess can attribute to weight gain because of the high content of sodium and fat)etc.  Anything goes so long as its plant based.



Raw Vegan:
 Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds, fresh juices, occasionally dried/dehydrated fruits and/or vegetables.
Absolutely no cooked foods.





Alkaline Dietary Vegan: 
Fruits and vegetables classified as electric. Consuming both cooked & raw vegan food under the specification of high alkalinity to promote and maintain an alkaline state in your body.  


Now that you know where you are lets talk food. I teeter totter between two categories. Relaxed Health Conscious and Raw Vegan. When I’m not cooking for the channel, I eat a raw vegan diet. I absolutely love it. So most of my shopping reflects those two types of vegans. Its important that you know, the recipes on my channel are designed to attract non-vegans to the lifestyle. They fall into the category of the Relaxed Health Conscious Vegan. My Gluten-free mock meat recipes are designed for the Straight Laced Vegans. 

Check out my Vegan Breakfast Playlist on the main channel, it helps with reconditioning the way you think about your daily meals. 

Breakfast Ideas:
Muesli
Smoothie Bowls
Waffles Pancakes 
French Toast 
Veggie Scrambles
Breakfast Burritos 
Muffins
Breakfast Bread
Bagels
Avocado Toast 
Tofu Scramble
Fresh Whole Fruit 
Banana Nice Cream 
Breakfast Sandwich
Smoothies
Doughnuts 
Grits 
Cream of Wheat 
Corned Beef Hash 
Oatmeal Apple Crisp
Granola Bars 
Cereal w/ Almond Milk 
Quiche 

There are so many different approaches you can take for establishing a routine vegan breakfast that fit your day to day routine. I am very simple fresh fruit on most days, and when I am craving a hot meal, a vegetable scramble served on top of a bowl of hot grits with some fresh avocado… life is good.


I definitely recommend watching my "What I Eat In A Day" playlist.  It's about reconditioning the way you think and your perception if food. The cooking aspect will come naturally so long as you first adopt a perception of fruits and vegetables as the real meat. 


Lunch Ideas:
Sandwiches 
Fruit
Soups 
Burgers 
Spring Rolls 
Protein Shakes 
French fries 
Salads 
Pasta Salads
Fruit Parfaits 

Lunch is a great opportunity to really pack in those living enzymes in raw fruits and vegetables. My go to for lunch is typically a big three to four banana smoothie. If I want something hot, I typically whip up a quick vegetable soup with rice or potatoes to be sure I stay full until dinner time.
 
 

For dinner, take about an hour and really browse through my different playlists. Binge watching vegan videos assists your mind in switching gears to plant-based as oppose to the standard animal centered mind. Condition your mind to the new normal of plant-based everything.

When you were a meateater, the commercials, the movies, television shows, magazines, restaurants, grocery stores, all conditioned your way of thinking as it related to food and what you should or shouldn't consume

Take all of your cooking techniques, skills in seasoning and flavoring different types of dishes and apply them to plants. This is the new meat, the new focal point of your entrees and dinner parties. Take what you loved in you previous omnivore lifestyle and impart that on your plate. Know your ingredients and what you can do with them in order to accomplish the mental mage of your dish in real time.

Be sure to watch my Vegan Cooking 101n for more.

Comments

  1. Thank you for explaining the concept of texture and how to go about achieving it. Amazing! I finally understand how to go about creating meats and flavours of meat.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy I found your channel. I went vegan previously but I strayed due to not finding foods that made my family happy. I haven't tried your meals as of yet but my family binge watched your videos and we are ready to get on a healthier eating regimen. Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a master! You have taken veganism to a whole other level. Thank you greatly. Plenty of people will switch to veganism once they see the masterpiece dishes you create!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts